In addition to our work on the ground, we are deeply involved in biodiversity mainstreaming in policy development, which we find an indispensable process to achieve lasting impact. Biodiversity-proof laws, effective law enforcement, multi-stakeholder participatory processes and a transparent dialogue are key elements for a sustainable and fair natural resource governance.
Our expertise includes the following:
- Development and implementation of local, regional, national and intersectoral policies and strategies;
- Forest governance processes (REDD, FLEGT);
- Empowerment of civil society organisations, networks;
- Advocacy/lobbying training;
- Forest certification FSC, PEFC (biodiversity maintenance aspects in particular);
- Stakeholders consultation, involvement and participation.