The EU-China Young Farmers Programme intends to reinforce the EU-China cooperation in agriculture and rural development. It is a joint programme organized by the European Union (DG AGRI and the EU Delegation in China) and the People’s Republic of China (Ministry of Agriculture).
Both the EU and China face similar challenges in the field of rural development and agriculture, such as diversity of agriculture, pedo-climatic regions, natural environment and cultural traditions, diversity of socio-economic status, rural population ageing, difference between urban and rural development, etc.
The main objectives of the Programme are to:
- Facilitate effective sharing and dissemination of experiences and best practices;
- Enhance capacity building in modern farming techniques;
- Reinforce cooperation in green development, environmental protection practices and sustainable agriculture;
- Produce recommendations to practitioners and policy-makers on sustainable farming practices;
- Increase the mutual understanding between young professional farmers and agricultural professionals from both sides, develop close collaboration and ties, and deepen the international cooperation and exchange in agriculture between China and the EU.
In the framework of this Programme, study visits for young professional farmers and agricultural professionals from both sides, EU and China, will be carried out. The idea is to conduct exchanges and trainings in agri-businesses, innovative farms, governmental entities and local agencies, research institutes and universities, cooperatives, etc. in EU Member States and Chinese provinces. The project is co-funded by EU, through the Partnership Instrument, and China, and will last for 18 months. It will comprise two study tours in China for European Young Farmers and two study tours in Europe for Chinese Young Farmers and young professionals in agriculture.
This page is dedicated to gather candidacies to select two groups of 10 European Young Farmers for two 2-week study visits in China (November 2017 & June 2018).
Interested? Please complete the Application Form.
Young Farmers will have to meet the following criteria:
- Under the age of 40 years
- Good knowledge of English
- Availability for 2 weeks in November 2017 or June 2018
- High level of experience and interest in sustainable agriculture
- High level of interest in Chinese agriculture
Applicants have to submit their candidacies before 10 September 2017.
Project jointly funded by the European Union and the People’s Republic of China
With the support of the European Council of Young Farmers (CEJA)