Final Evaluation of Biodiversity Management Programme in the IGAD region
As a member of the Consortium COWI within the FWC SIEA 2018, PROSPECT C&S is awarded a new assignment in the environment sector: Final Evaluation of Biodiversity Management Programme in the IGAD region. The Action to be evaluated by PROSPECT staff is a regional programme developed by the Horn of Africa States (Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan and Uganda). The Contracting Authority for this mission is the European Union Delegation to Djibouti and IGAD.
The programme to be evaluated had two-pronged approach:
– Addressing the policy gaps, policy harmonization, information generation and dissemination, institutional capacity building with emphasis on sustainable management of regional biodiversity resources and ecosystem services.
– Conservation and natural resource management showcased in three pilot ecosystems through specialized partners, namely: Horn of Africa Regional Environment Center (HoA REC), International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), International Center for Research in Agroforestry (ICRAF).
The 3 cross border land/seascapes targeted by the programme, will be visited by PROSPECT C&S evaluators:
1) The Boma-Gambella Landscape (South-East South Sudan and South-West Ethiopia);
2) The Tana-Kipini-Laga Badana Bush Bush Land and Seascape (North East Kenya and South East Somalia);
3) The Lower Awash-Lake Abbe Landscape (North East Ethiopia and South West Djibouti).