The GCCA Intra-ACP Programme was funded under the 10th European Development Fund (EDF) Financial Framework and covered all 79 member countries of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States. Being a part of the Global Climate Change Alliance (GCCA), the programme supported its member countries, in their adaptation and mitigation responses.
The specific focus of this project was a technical assistance component of the above-mentioned GCCA Intra-ACP Programme, referred to as the “Climate Support Facility” (“CSF”). The Climate Support Facility (CSF) was designed to provide technical assistance to ACP regional institutions and countries in a range of areas related to climate change.
The contract for the implementation of this Climate Support Facility was implemented by the consortium led by Safege of which Prospect C&S was the main partner. A total of 85 assistance missions were carried out during the 54 months of the contract.
Some of the key areas of intervention of the Technical Assistance were:
- Climate Change Mainstreaming;
- Renewable energies;
- Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries vulnerability assessment and adaptation measures;
- Climate Smart Agriculture;
- Coastal adaptation strategy and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR);
- Greenhouse Gas inventories;
- Reduction of Emissions from Deforestation and forest Degradation (REDD+);
- Ecosystem services and biodiversity protection;
- Clean Development Mechanism (CDM).
Client: ACP Secretariat
Location: All ACP (African Caribbean and Pacific) countries