LIFE (L’Instrument Financier pour l’Environnement) is the main European Commission funding mechanism for improving the state of the environment in the European Union. The LIFE+ budget is EUR 2,143 billion and the programme runs from 2014 – 2020.
The present contract deals with the monitoring of the 5 brands of the LIFE Programme: LIFE Environment, LIFE Nature & Biodiversity , LIFE Information & Good Governance, LIFE Climate Action and LIFE NGO. The communication about the LIFE Programme is also taken in charge under this contract.
Furthermore, the new Regulation includes the financing of the so-called LIFE Integrated Projects in the areas of nature, water, waste, air and climate change; and also Preparatory and Capacity building projects. The IP projects concern actions at the region and country level and have different sources of funding, including LIFE.
Services provided includes:
- Revision of proposals before the contracting phase;
- Monitoring (including field checking) and ex-post monitoring;
- Evaluation of output including Natura 2000 management plans and other nature related management plans;
- Communication and Project/Programme information dissemination;
- Organisation of events (conferences, thematic workshops);
- Specific thematic studies (e.g. habitat restoration costs, input from LIFE projects to the implementation and further fine-tuning of EU Directives, jobs and growth study, …).
In the framework of this contract, Prospect C&S is partner in a consortium set-up in a European Economic Interest Groupings (NEEMO EEIG) and composed of 9 companies (http://www.neemo.eu). Prospect C&S deals respectively with the monitoring of projects in BeNeLux, Bulgaria, Cyprus and Greece, and provides also some NGO auditors and monitors.
Client: European Commission
Location: Europe (EU MS 28)