The purpose of the EU-China Environmental Governance Programme (EGP) was to contribute to the efforts of the Chinese Government and general public to improve environmental protection in China and promote local sustainable development for the benefits of the people through public participation and accountability in China.
The core themes and focus of EGP’s overall and annual work plan and activities were:
- Public Access to Environmental Information;
- Public Participation in Environmental planning and decision making;
- Access to Justice in Environmental matters;
- Corporate Environmental Responsibility.
The specific objectives of these assignments were:
- to assess the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impacts and sustainability of EGP with regard to its objective, expected results and outputs;
- to identify and describe the drawback / best practices (technical and /or managerial) encountered by the programme; and
- to draw conclusions and lessons learned that could feed into ongoing and future planning, programming, project identification and implementation by the European Commission.
Client: EU Delegation to China
Period: 04-06/2014 & 08-11/2015